Application Lab Technician (Entry-level)
Kobo Products, Inc. in South Plainfield is seeking an organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented Application Lab Technician to join our team.
- Associates degree in chemistry or biology, or some lab experience
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group setting
- Must be able to prioritize projects and work accordingly
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to attend seminars and conferences, if requested
- Assist the Application Lab Chemists in scaling up formulas, filling samples, and labeling.
- Coordinate, maintain, and support Gratis and Sales orders.
- Manage and maintain raw materials and formula bulk inventory.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the lab.
- Learn cosmetic formulation and shade matching processes, and work on independent projects.
- Learn Kobo materials and how to formulate with them.
- Learn how to evaluate new raw materials for and how to incorporate them into formulations.
- Be able to assist customers or Sales after training with questions on products/formulas.
- Prepare samples for Sales meetings, customers’ seminars, and Tradeshows.
- Attend trade shows to support sales with customer requests.
Seeking an experienced and energetic professional to join our team as a Chemical Operator for batch making and operating of process milling equipment.
We are seeking applicants flexible to work on any shift (1st 6am-2pm, 2nd 2pm-10pm, 3rd 10pm-6am – Monday-Friday).
Responsibilities and skills include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Experience required running powder treatment equipment and working with surface treated pigments in cosmetic or personal care industry.
- Experience running hi speed mixing equipment.
- Experience with media mills and others.
- Experience using transfer pumps and scales
- Experience working w/ HAZ materials preferred
- All candidates should have previous exposure to GMP and must be able to maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Repacking of raw materials and general warehouse duties
- Must be able to operate a forklift and have experience with material handling equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Fast-growing NJ manufacturer is seeking a candidate to provide on-site support for internal software applications. The developer will be responsible for software design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience and knowledge of VB.Net, ASP.Net, VBA, SQL Server is a must.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system is preferred
- 4-year Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related majors
- Self-starter capable of independent creative work, with demonstrated experience defining requirements and delivering applications to meet requirements.
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, sharing knowledge and expertise – enabling your team members mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Kobo Products, Inc. manufactures and distributes raw materials for the cosmetics and personal care industry. We are seeking a highly motivated Warehouse Associate that is detail-oriented and can manage in a fast paced environment.
**Seeking candidates for 1st and 3rd shift positions**
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in cosmetic, personal care, or chemical manufacturing industries preferred
- Must be trained to safely and responsibly operate forklift equipment
- Experience with cGMP and hazardous materials required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Responsible for shipping, receiving, transfer, and storage of raw materials, packaging, and supplies
- Coordinate with several other departments/buildings daily in order to prepare and inspect materials that are shipped and received
- Continuously maintain an organized and clean warehouse
- Comply with all company and OSHA regulated safety codes
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
Prospective candidates must submit their required rate of pay (a range is acceptable).
Kobo offers a competitive compensation package including 401k, health and life insurance, as well as paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- Responsible for shipping, receiving, transfer, and storage of raw materials, packaging, and supplies.