Seeking an experienced and energetic professional to join our team
as a Chemical Operator for batch making and operating of process milling equipment.
We are seeking applicants flexible to work on any shift (1st 6am-2pm, 2nd 2pm-10pm, 3rd 10pm-6am – Monday-Friday).
Responsibilities and skills include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Experience required running powder treatment equipment and working with surface
treated pigments in cosmetic or personal care industry.
- Experience running hi speed mixing equipment.
- Experience with media mills and others.
- Experience using transfer pumps and scales
- Experience working w/ HAZ materials preferred
- All candidates should have previous exposure to GMP and must be able to maintain
a safe and clean working environment
- Repacking of raw materials and general warehouse duties
- Must be able to operate a forklift and have experience with material handling equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Gratis Lab Assistant
Seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic to join our team as a full-time Gratis Laboratory Assistant. Great opportunity for an entry-level candidate to gain greater exposure to a laboratory setting.
- Lab experience helpful
- Candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment, have excellent multi-tasking skills and attention to detail, and keep a clean work environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and safety precautions of tasks involved
- Must be able to lift ~50lbs.
- Exposure to forklift a plus
- Fill high volume of sample orders for shipment.
- Put away and stock newly received materials.
- Refill lab stock daily.
- Data entry and record maintenance.
- Support other departments (WH/Sales, Production, Applications, R&D) with materials from Gratis.
- Occasional warehouse support with repacks.
- Maintain a clean lab environment.
Local/Regional Truck Driver (CDL)
Kobo Products, Inc. in South Plainfield is seeking an extremely reliable CDL
driver that can maintain safety and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- Clean driving record
- HazMat endorsement preferred
- Must be trained to safely and responsibly operate forklift equipment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Flexibility with day shift hours
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
- Coordinate with Production and the Warehouse every day to set up runs depending on needs.
- Pick up and deliver raw materials to Production, and pick up finished goods from Production to take to the Warehouse for orders.
- Monitor the schedule for pick-up orders from Planning as well as outside Kobo facilities, and log arrival and departure times.
- Complete inspection of the interior and exterior of the truck every day from the first run and notify the Facilities/Engineering Manager of any problems.
- Check MTO’s at pick-up and delivery, especially for finished goods. Ensure that all copies are signed upon delivery, and paperwork is distributed to the appropriate departments.
- General Warehouse support.
- Comply with all company and OSHA regulated safety codes.
Seeking a Material Sampler to work between our warehouse and lab at our location in South Plainfield, NJ.
- Candidate must be able to work independently in a very fast paced environment and maintain high levels of accuracy in daily operations
- Candidate must be a self-starter with strong work ethic who is able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Chemistry or related science knowledge (in High School or College)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel) required
- Experience working in a laboratory is a plus
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and proper material handling
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds when needed
- Forklift experience preferred
- Work in warehouse to perform manual sampling and inspection of all incoming raw material in accordance with all applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions.
- Must understand and implement cGMP.
- Use aseptic sampling techniques and ensure all corresponding documentation is correct.
- Maintain work area and equipment free of chemical and/or microbiological contamination to ensure validity of test results and safety of work environment.
Quality Control Lab Technician
- B.S. in Chemistry or Biology
- Minimum of 2-4 years working experience
- Strong color experience required
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work with others in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently prioritizing the work load
- Must have strong problem solving, communication, organizational, math, and computer skills
- Background working with powders in the personal care industry or similar industry is required.
- Must be able to lift ~ 25 lbs
- Performing various wet, physical, and instrumental testing to monitor physical and chemical characteristics of pigment powders
- Measuring and evaluating color matches to standards
- Adhering to lab methods, procedures, and documenting results of testing procedures in accordance with GMP standards
- Interacting with QA/RD to make sure all non-conforming results are investigated
Senior Application Lab Technician
Kobo Products, Inc. in South Plainfield is seeking an organized, self-motivated,
and detail-oriented Senior Application Lab Technician to join our team.
- 3-5 yrs. Related work experience in the personal care/cosmetics industry required
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective communication and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work both independently and in a group setting
- Must be able to prioritize projects and work accordingly
- Oversee Jr. Lab Technician
- Flexibility to attend seminars and conferences, if requested
- Assist the Application Lab in scaling up formulas.
- Coordinate, maintain, and support Gratis orders.
- Manage and maintain formula inventory.
- Order and keep raw materials needed in inventory.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the lab.
- Learn cosmetic formulation in order to progress to a higher level.
- Learn Kobo dispersions and how to formulate with them.
- Learn how to evaluate new raw materials for Kobo such as treatments.
- Assist customers or sales people questions on products/formulas.
- Prepare samples for Sales meetings and Tradeshows.
- Attend trade shows to support sales with customer discussions.